Question About Water Cooling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sell224

Baseband Member
I know iv been posting on water cooling for a while .. but i have a question still :).

Ok, i recently made about 200 bucks selling some old rims i had, and i also got a few hundred bucks lying around. I wanted to buy a new watercooling system for my Alienware Aurora 7500.

I am not very computer literate. I know most of hte basic stuff, and a little tiny bit advanced stuff, but theres no way i could build a computer myself without spending days on these forums figuring out how. (just FYI)

Anyways, i contacted Alienware about a week and a half ago asking if there was any option for me to send in my comp and have them install a watercooling system. (i thought i had bought a watercooling system when i ordered my computer but apparently i didnt..) Soo, the guy tells me that at the moment they aren't offering the upgrade (due to not having the equipment? i think), and to call back in like 2 weeks. So today i went to their site for this live chat thing, and asked a worker if they were upgrading now, and the guy said yea. So i called customer service, a lady checked, and she says nope they are not upgrading it, and they are not ever going to do it. You can only get a watercooled system if you just ordered it (wtf...).

So now im stuck with a beastly noisy computer. I love my computer and everything, but im going to college soon and i woudl LOVE to have a silent computer, and leave it on and not have it make tons of noise.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is there any way that i could buy a watercooling system for my comp and install it myself. Is it that hard to do? If i did do this, would it make my warante on the computer invalid?

I just want a watercooling system :(.

talldude123 said:
just buy more fans to keep it quiet.

are you being serious .. or sarcastic?

Buying more fans will make it noisier... And i doubt i even have any more space for more fans.

well most of the time, the system is noisy because its hot.

thats the case with my system, i dont know your system...

I have a water cooling system and i love it!! so quiet. you don't really need that much experience if you buy a kit and do it by instructions. but if you want to do it from scratch you will need some knowledge, you could it from google searching about quides. try that. or go to newegg or find sites with kits that you can buy.

talldude123 said:
well most of the time, the system is noisy because its hot.

thats the case with my system, i dont know your system...

The only noises you hear from your computer are the noises from Fans and either the optical drives or your HD. If you had more fans, the noise increases. The reason why your system is loud is because the fans operate at a higher RPM when your system is hotter. Getting more fans will just increase the noise level, the only way is to replace your current fans with silent fans and also add some noise absorbing accesories to your case.

After being on this forum you would still trust Alienware with your computer? Alienware will probably charge you almost 2 times what it would cost for you to install your own watercooling kit. If you are going to do watercooling, I suggest moving all your parts to a Full Lian Li tower with all the space for your WC kit.

RockyZ said:
The only noises you hear from your computer are the noises from Fans and either the optical drives or your HD. If you had more fans, the noise increases. The reason why your system is loud is because the fans operate at a higher RPM when your system is hotter. Getting more fans will just increase the noise level, the only way is to replace your current fans with silent fans and also add some noise absorbing accesories to your case.

After being on this forum you would still trust Alienware with your computer? Alienware will probably charge you almost 2 times what it would cost for you to install your own watercooling kit. If you are going to do watercooling, I suggest moving all your parts to a Full Lian Li tower with all the space for your WC kit.

well.. I know alienware overcharges, but i dont care because i dont have enough experience with computers to be able to build one myself or anything, and im not about to dedicate a few weeks of my life to figuring out computers. I know, call me lazy, but i got money in my hands so why not spend it.

And as for moving all my parts to a "Full Lian Li tower".. I dont see the point.. My case has a ton of room in it. The case itself is gigantic haha, its got all the space i need.

Sell224 said:
well.. I know alienware overcharges, but i dont care because i dont have enough experience with computers to be able to build one myself or anything, and im not about to dedicate a few weeks of my life to figuring out computers. I know, call me lazy, but i got money in my hands so why not spend it.

And as for moving all my parts to a "Full Lian Li tower".. I dont see the point.. My case has a ton of room in it. The case itself is gigantic haha, its got all the space i need.

Negative attitude dude. You just got to try it. Don't let the board touch the case, don't force the processor into the socket and take your time.

My first PC, I had the most trouble with the CPU. The rest is more common sense then anything else. Just the CPU has to be sit in a special way (has arrows), and then the heatsink applied (thermal paste too!).

It's really easy, even installing the CPU. I built about 10 PCs and still build them for friends and it's enjoyable.

definetly use watercooling because it will make your computer quieter and cooler.

I don't have water cooling on my system but right now it sounds like a dump truck driving through a nitro gilserin plant and the temps are system: 47c and cpu: 52c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom