Question about verizon 'box' in laundry room, in apartment... (help)...

sea_turtle04

Solid State Member
Hello,
I apologize for posting in the section.. I just can not find another section to post my question...

I am about to move out of my apartment, that has this telephone box (??) in the laundry room. For the past year, many of the times I walk towards it, but only sometimes, it makes a beep. the beep is for sure real. but it might be my imagination that sometimes green lights have either been on or flashing, right now they are off... but maybe they never were on. but for sure, there was a beep. it beeped a lot. Is this a normal telephone box? At my parents house, it is outside, in a smaller (much smaller) metal box thing, that does not at all look electronic. This looks very electronic. I do not have a landline. But this may exist in the case for that somebody chooses to get a land line?
Another thing, I am not sure if that is the only the place the beeping comes from. I am not sure if it also sometimes comes from the light above the entry. But it happens when there is motion, not when I am still. Like when I go from the bedroom to the living room it makes a beep. but only sometimes.
I worry about wiretapping and things like that. What is this box, is this normal in an apartment?

Please if you have any clue, do respond...

Thank you...

Attachments

• 0523042219a.jpg
    0523042219a.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 0523042219.jpg
    0523042219.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 0523042221 (1).jpg
    0523042221 (1).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 8
Never seen anything like that my self... Can you get clearer pictures of the wording on the thing? Should be something on it somewhere that gives it away. But it really looks like something to do with a security system.

here are some more pics...
also note the wires and smaller/outside boxes in the previous post...

thank you.

please help.

Attachments

• 05-whole.jpg
    05-whole.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 05-top right.jpg
    05-top right.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 05-bottom left.jpg
    05-bottom left.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 8
  • 05-bottom right.jpg
    05-bottom right.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 8
Is there a model number or anything like that behind the parts where it says "consumer accessible" ? Like when you open the door hinge where it says to replace the battery, or the other spot where it says "consumer accessible" ?

a few more pics

those doors are screwed shut. i do not want to unscrew them in case it is supposed to be there, i dont want to mess it up...

but here is some pics of the labels, and the bottom...

Attachments

• 051-label,barcode2.jpg
    051-label,barcode2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 051-no clue.jpg
    051-no clue.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 051-warning.jpg
    051-warning.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 051-bottom.jpg
    051-bottom.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
for internet i have comcast xfinity... and the router/modem are elsewhere... i do have a verizon cell phone, but this box is not mine...

Most Verizon area homes/apartments have some form of box from them whether it be outside or inside from previous customers. They shut the service off instead of taking the equipment for future setup.

Back
Top Bottom