Question About Power Supply's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augsy

In Runtime
I am wondering what the advantages of buying a good power supply are over using a stock one.

I know you get more power but i am wondering how it effects performance.

1.) after you upgrade, you won't have to buy another power supply
2.) a good power supply is quiet, lasts longer, is more stable for OCing, and decreases your chance of anything frying

does it affect performance of games at all?, and what is a good power supply to go with im thinking of going with a 480 watt.

Most stock PSU's that come with cases are cheap made, and pretty much useless. Unless your case comes from someone who makes decent PSU's (Antec, ThermalTake, etc), it will most likely have a puny or crappy PSU.

anything above 450W is all the same pretty much

list your specs and how much you can spend on a psu

Make sure there is enough amperage on the RAILS because if the amps are to low then it wont matter how many watts you have unless its like 600+ lol but there are no stock psu's with 600+ watts... Anyways my raidmax with 13 amps on the 12V+ rail is just enough... Even though it gets hard running 2 cd drives with 2 HDD's on a 64bit board...

charles_scott said:
Make sure there is enough amperage on the RAILS because if the amps are to low then it wont matter how many watts you have unless its like 600+ lol but there are no stock psu's with 600+ watts... Anyways my raidmax with 13 amps on the 12V+ rail is just enough... Even though it gets hard running 2 cd drives with 2 HDD's on a 64bit board...

The raidmax is total rubbish though, terrible rails, measured in peak watts.

I couldnt get a raidmax power supply to draw more than 250 watts off a wall on a system that needs more than that.

Got a new PS, and everything is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom