In Runtime
Ignore

Ignore,

When I was building mine ....

Loads of people said don't get a 350W it wont handle:

- AMD 3000+ Venice

- 512MB X 2, Corsair RAM

- Asus 6600GT

Anyway I was told to go for a 480+ so I thought I'll give the 350W that comes with the case a shot.

It's been running for 2/3 weeks nicely!

(Guess it anit that bad)

Oh 'n' by the way it's a Seasonic 350+ came with the Acric T1!

Well I read this and the first thing that came to mind was that the PSU would eventually fail and take all the components with it. I'm getting an Aspire X-Navigator that comes with a PSU. I am about $40 away from my budget MAX but i can get a PSU if it is necesary (though i don't really want to :p )
Any help would be appreciated

PSUs will often work fine when get them, and then die a month later. the PSU is a cricitcal component which u shouldnt scrap on.

That setup does not require alot of power, and seasonic makes a good PSU, so I'm not TOO surprised.

I would still be wary when buying PSUs. IMO, only get them from PCP&C, Antec, OCZ, Thermaltake, and Ennermax. As for Silverstone, i have never used one, nor do i know anybody who has one, so i cant offer any opinions on them

This is my future setup so tell me if you think i will be good with the Case PSU or should i buy one seperate
Mobo- DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

GFX- eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

RAM- ORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Case-ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9NW-AL/450 Black/Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think i need a seperate PSU please suggest a brand/model or somthing i can go on:)
Thanks

the seasonic should work fine

they're probably second best to PCP&C, or they might be even better than them..dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom