PSU cause game crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
Would my PSU be the cause of my game crashing? Half-Life 2 would periodically crash on me. It would either just freeze up (usually on a autosave) or it would completely reboot. I have all latest drivers and newest game version. See system specs in sig...I have a 350w PSU, no overclocking.

Well, if your PSU is faulty, then sure it could cause random reboots like that. But, things like your CPU overheating, faulty RAM or viruses, etc could cause the same symptoms.

You have more than enouph power. What brand is it?
I believe it's a Tiger Pro. I would have to check it when I get home.
But, things like your CPU overheating, faulty RAM or viruses, etc could cause the same symptoms.
None of these things are the problem.

Is this a legal copy of HL2?

Anyways try defragging your system and see if that helps. I highly doubt its the PSU you have enough power and even so it won't cause a freeze everytime the game autosaves. That alone tells me its software not hardware.

It is a retail version...
Defrag done...
It doesn't freeze everytime (I actually already beat the game so it ran okay for that) but it would crash maybe 2 out of 10 times.

hu_xu said:
Is this a legal copy of HL2?

Anyways try defragging your system and see if that helps. I highly doubt its the PSU you have enough power and even so it won't cause a freeze everytime the game autosaves. That alone tells me its software not hardware.

If HL2 Is not legal, it doesnt work. Obviously it's a legal copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom