which processor upgrade would be best

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillyb

Solid State Member
I have and old processor now. i have Intel(r) Pentium(r) III x86 family processor. I was looking at purchasing the Intel Celeron "D" 320 2.40 Ghz533Mhz fsb processor. if someone could tell me if this is compatible and what other specs are needed to find out.

thank you

change mobo and processor dude.
i heard AMD processors are better than Pentium's for gaming

hope i dont start a flame war. i got a P4 myself

Why dont you just get a Intel Pentium 4...? If you want Intel get the Pentium 4. I was also wondering what will you be using this computer for?

It looks like your working with a low budget, i could find you a moderate expensive/proformance Pentium 4.

i use the computer mainly for gaming and internet. games such as Tiger Woods 2005 really takes up a lot of graphics. right now i have anNvidia Ge force 4000128 MB. looking for Nvidia 256 MB. also if i go with AMD is there a mobo and processor combo that u would suggest?

thanks a lot

im also looking to sell my 128mb Ge force card for $30.00 if anyone may be interested. its only 4 months old

ok, you cant use any of those processors in your board... try going for socket A, very cheap very good performance, better than any celeron you'll find. as for graphics, if on a budget try 6600gt if not on a budget try 6800GT...

Well since you said for gaming usage, i highly recommend you get a AMD. If you tell us your budget on the proccesor/mobo, we can work somthing out.

Well for one are you sure that you can upgrade to a Celeron D without swapping mobos? If you can't then I would recommend getting an AMD, the cheap side would be a Athlon XP or Sempron..... Both are better then the Celeron D and reasonably priced.....probably under $300 easy for the mobo and CPU:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom