Processor speed enhancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaaaar

Beta member
i have a pentium III 600 MHz processor.

i would like to know of any way that i can increase the processor speed. also pls let me know if this can cause any kind of system corruption?

pls help

ok there are many ways to increase speed 1# i say reformat ur drive and start fresh. since its a p111 u should probably get a lot of ram since it is fairly old i would get rid of whats in there and get some pretty decent stuff then if u built it u can overclock but i dont recomend that since it can cause system corruption by killing the chip but reformat and add some decent ram ull be good u cant really change the speed of the processor but u can the computer!

You can up the fsb in the bios which will raise the overall CPU speed as long as your motherboard supports it. YOU DONT HAVE TO REFORMAT. but i would have at least 512 in it if you are running XP.

if you want to know more about overclocking, go to the overclocking forum.

what is ur pc? is it pre-built like dell or summat? if so, you can rarely change the fsb.

post some more specs, (like mobo, etc.)

no u dont have to reformat but it is a good idea it clears u of all ur viruses and runs like the day u got it

yea, and then make sure you have a good, up to date anti-virus software, that should keep them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom