problemz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakta

In Runtime
Anybody who has been following my previous post in ocverclockers forum can help, well anyone in general.

My pc just shut off while doing my work. nothing heavy or anything. BTW the computer is underclocked at the moment by 200mhz. (2.6 instead of 2.8ghz) andit just switched off without warning and I cant get it to boot. I immiediatwely thought id blown the chip so i disconnected the 12v p4 power cord and it still wont boot. I have a not very greaty 300w encer psu. I notice that there is a red led lit inside it. Can any of you confirm if this si good or bad, and if the psu is okay (or not) then what do i do?

I was hoping i coulda made this pc into a server looks like that aint a possibility.

BTW it has 2 case fans(front and rear), a psu fan, a gfx fan and a side case fan.(and not forgetting cpu fan) The only way id get it any cooler was if i hung it out of the window during a gale.

I dont wanna use water cooling. Im not made of money, so whats broke?

Good jobn i hadnt started hosting but still.

it sounds like a power supply problem, a processor problem, or some other type of internal wiring etc problem. you might try getting a test on the PS or swaping out another. also try swapping with the processor. look at the ram too just in case. anything's possible here.

oh and also- my computer is cooled like yours, except i have yet another slot fan in mine. It definitely stays cool. even after 8+ hours of running, the exaust air is cool. :)

I only got another spare 300w power supply. And im kinda using it for my "lamp" project at school. Ill plug it in and see what it can do, though im not keeping it in if it works, my other was 300w and if that wasnt powerful enough then this wont be either.

okay i plugged it in. everythings working. It is the psu then. Dunno why itd just die, but there you go. Im a bit concerned leaving this 300watter in though and i wont be able to get a new 400w till next weekend. And I MUST use my pc before then, so looks like i hit the dead end.

Just be happy its a PSU problem. Those are the least expensive hardware to replace.

yeah i know. pretty ironic cos psu's dont blow often and id been working on modding the sapare all night...ironic that its the untouched one that blew...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom