Problem with resolution in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShopSmart

Beta member
Well my desktop resolution is 1024x768 and most games that I install (doom3, battlefield vietnam, diablo 2) will have a smaller resolution when I open them for the first time (I cannot see the entire screen), I can fix it if I can choose the right resolution and click accept or quit the game that is if I can find the buttons to do that, I was just wondering if there is a way to get it to run in the right size the first time so I don't have to worry about this Bs, I have tried putting my desktop mode in 800x600, 640x840 or whatever, and 1600x1200 and it still has the problem, I have downloaded the latest drivers from ati, and chipset drivers, and direct x drivers, and game drivers, and it still doesnt work. Thanks in advance.

Specs: Athlon xp 3200 2.4 ghz
1gb of dual channel ram
72gb hitatchi 7200 rpm
A Kt880 chipset on Soyo dragon 2 motherboard
Ati x800 pro 256mb, agp 8x, 5.1 catalyst (no control center it doesnt work.)
Windows Xp

If you right click your desktop, go to properties, Settings, and then the advanced tab you should have multiple options for your video card regarding a variety of image settings.

Most are 'Application Controlled' but you should be able to set in one of those tabs (sorry I have nvidia not ATI so I'm not completely familiar with their advanced set up)

But yeah either way there should be a tab with a list of games that you can set the resolution, AA, AF things of that nature within the drivers so that when it opens up it'll start however you've set it to

Nah I looked through all the menus and couldn't find anything I know what you mean however I used to have an nvidia card, maybe it is in the catalyst control center the thing is I get an error every time I try to open it, I did find the application preference settings for the aa and af options but I couldn't find the resolution thing, any other guesses? Thanks though.

Ok update, I ran dxdiag and ran the direct3d test with the spinning cube in direct3d 7 and 8 it ran full screen but when it ran direct3d 9 it has the same resolution problem the cube is at the lower right part of the screen I have run hl2 with the latest version of direct x 9 without any problems even after the first install so any ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom