Problem with my mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASliceOfTom

Solid State Member
It used to work just fine before, but now everytime I plug it into my soundcard I can hear it without even turning it on, as in, I can talk and hear through my speakers immediatley after I plug it in. Before, I would have to go into sound recorder, or a game like Counter-Strike to get it to work.

Any idea what the problem is? I believe I have an SB Audigy II.

Thanks.

ASliceOfTom said:
It used to work just fine before, but now everytime I plug it into my soundcard I can hear it without even turning it on, as in, I can talk and hear through my speakers immediatley after I plug it in. Before, I would have to go into sound recorder, or a game like Counter-Strike to get it to work.

Any idea what the problem is? I believe I have an SB Audigy II.

Thanks.

Ok, I may not have understood you completely correctly, but if the problem is what I am thinking of, try this.

1. Click Start
2. All Programs
3. Accessories
4. Entertainment
5. Volume control
6. Click "MUTE" under the Mic's volume.

(sorry if this isnt what you meant!)

Well, I want to be able to use it when I play counter-strike or when I wish to record a sound file. If I mute it in these options, will I still be able to do those things?

Sorry if im a little unclear.

Update: I went to mute it, as someone suggested above, and even when muted, if its plugged in I can still hear it through my speakers, even if I just move the mic, the speakers pick up the mic moving and can hear the rustling.

It is plugged into the same one that I had it plugged into last time it worked. Still cannot find whats wrong. When its in that port, it works in soundrecorder etc, but even when im not running soundrecorder or something to record things off of my mic, I can still hear it through the speaker.

its rather annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom