printers, bah, humbug

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i have 2 printers, an HP D5069 & a Canon Mp250. both work, but i am extremely sick of spending $25.00 a month + on ink. i have been able to refill the cartriges at times, and have them work, but i think all the "software updates" especially from HP has smashed that ability. the Canon was always trouble after refilling, and now will not work, even though this cartridge is on its first refill. i am SERIOUSLY considering one, new printer, IF i can find one i can refill the cartridges on. i am on a fixed income, so every penny counts. does anyone know if there is a printer out there, that i can simply refill the cartridges on? i honestly think if someone came up with a printer, with refillable ink wells, they could put every other printer on the market into the local trash bin! if gasoline was 1/10th as expensive as ink, every single one of us would be walking everywhere.

The manufactures that make printers count on the massive mark up prices for ink. Because they do not make much on the printer, they try to make up for it with the ink.
There are stores that will refill your ink cartridges for you. Office Max, and Rapid Refill are just a couple places that do this, and even offer a grantee for compatibility. Personally, I cough up the ransom and pay the piper

Nice topic.

I think laser printers are finally developed enough that you dont need inkjet anymore. The times you need to have a photo quality print, go to Walgreens or Kinkos. The color LED printers are looking great... long life, nice prints, lower power consumption.

I just saw a Dell Color LED printer for $134 shipped... I wish I bought it as my IP3000 suddenly in the middle of the day decided to stop working. Im done with inkjet, this was the 17th straw.

a laser printer huh? that sounds interesting. especially since probably 90% of what i print is black only. and keeping one printer fed with ink, printing 10% of what i typically print, would be economically feesable. THANKS for the idea. i will start looking into it.

a laser printer huh? that sounds interesting. especially since probably 90% of what i print is black only. and keeping one printer fed with ink, printing 10% of what i typically print, would be economically feesable. THANKS for the idea. i will start looking into it.

If all you really do is print black, then its a no brainer to go laser. You can find the brother HL-2270DW for less then $100, and its a good printer with inexpensive refill toners.

But if you can find an LED printer for a price you can afford, they should be even better. They are laser printers with LED lights instead of the laser. Longer life, less heat, less power draw....

Back
Top Bottom