Printer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grill

Baseband Member
Hi,
I have a 1.2 Ghz machine with 512Mb ram
XP Pro, my computer is set up as the server for our home(three other computer linked to it) We have a HP laser hooked up to my wifes computer LPT1 and we can all print to it. My problem is the printer connected to my computer LPT1 port. The printer is "seen" in the control panel and says it is functioning properly, however I can not get it to print. I swapped printers and still no go. Every once in a while it will print but most of the time... nada.
The little printer in the bottom right task bar doesn't show up either like it used to when it printed.
Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks,
Grill

I dont really know jack about printer's but the one we got at the office I fixed.When we up dated the drivers the defaults were lost so no print.Just had to change a few thing's

Go thru re-installing the drivers - go to http://www.hp.com they have a pretty good DB of drivers for downloading. Install the drivers and then reboot and see how that goes. If you want to know how to re-install drivers, send a reply.

If all of that doesnt work then perhaps the cable is hosed.

Thanks, guys,
I'll try the updated drivers. I changed the cable and am even going to rty a USB cable since the printer have a port for that. Just is strange it quit all of a sudden and neither printer works. One is an HP the other a Canon.
I'll let ya'll now though.
Thanks
Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom