A Printer that can actually run out of ink

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairfieldfalconsfan

In Runtime
My Dad wanted me to ask you guys about this so here goes. We have a printer that does not work. Dad wants to replace it with one that will keep printing even when it thinks that it is out of ink. The one he uses at work is an HP Deskjet 5150 and after it tells him he is out of ink he can still print for a couple of months (at a couple pages a day).

We really don't want a all-in-one (scanner, faxer, copier), just one that prints. We don't need a screen on it. We would probably not do a lot of photo printing and don't need it to connect to the internet. Low ink costs are good too. If anyone knows of a printer for a reasonable price that meets all (or most) of those criteria please let me know. The most important thing is being able to print after it thinks its out of ink.

Any printer will tell you when ink is low. That does not mean that you are out. It is out when you can no longer read the printed material on the page.

Sorry about the long reply. We ended up getting another HP deskjet 5150 off the internet so the problem is solved. The other printer would just stop even trying to print when it thought it was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom