Print Server Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzY_GaMeR_07

Daemon Poster
Hi, I have a Big Problem....
I purchased 2 Hawking Mini Print Servers.
For a present I got a Laser Printer with a parallel port, and decided to use one the of mini servers.

Problem #1
The printer Comes with Drivers for USB and parallel. Scince I have the mini server pluged into a parallel port to use the mini server, i installed the parallel drivers.

The Mini Servers also come with software, i also installed that.

Am I ok Good up to to Point 1?

Problem #2
I turn sharing on:
Start>Printers and Faxes>Right Click>Sharing>Sharing Tab>Then Click Share This Printer.

Now I try to print, and nothing happens. Yes i went to chose to print to the printer. I can go and look in the network and find my printer in it. (Good?) But when i print I get the bubble Document Faild TO Print. I tink its a problem with the ports b/c i installed parallel drivers.

Heres a Screenshot of the ports.
Ports

I am totaly Lost.....

Ideas?

I dont think its on the right port, what other options do you have when you scroll down? If you put the driver on all the other comps you shouldnt need to share it either.

do u know its IP?you probably should make a new port for that ip address.The driver should have done that, but you can do it manually.

once you know the ip, add a new printer.choose local, but uncheck the scan for plug and play printers, then make a new port, tcp/ip port, and type the ip adress in.then go through the rest as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom