prices on these parts after rebates at fry's electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
alright I am looking in the fry's electronics add and they have the following items with rebates:
1. 512mb pc3200 DDr memory 400mhz by OCZ for 60 bucks each or 1gb (2x512mb) of K-Byte pc3200 400 mhz ram for 120bucks so they are both the same price

2. 80gb ultra Dma/100 seagate 8mb 7200rpm for 30 dollars but I dont know if it is SATA or not. THats even cheaper then the 120gb seagate at best buy for 70 because for 60 I can get two and have 160gb.

3. then the last thing is a 425watt powersupply for only 10 bucks. Doesn't list a brand name but is there much difference on these?

anyways what do you guys think? Any of it worth getting?

Ice9 said:

3. then the last thing is a 425watt powersupply for only 10 bucks. Doesn't list a brand name but is there much difference on these?

Cheap PSU's are cheap for a reason and that makes them unstable and not worth it:confused: Don't skimp on the PSU;)

Re: Re: prices on these parts after rebates at fry's electronics

The Merlin said:
Cheap PSU's are cheap for a reason and that makes them unstable and not worth it:confused: Don't skimp on the PSU;)

well the psu was 30 bucks befor ethe rabte.. still is probably cheap though I don't know. What do you think about the memory and hard drive?

the HD at DMA/100 i would believe is IDE. and i asume its OEM and not refurbished. fora 80gig OEM drive, i would get it.

EDIT: thats like 40cents per gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom