Power supply query

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakta

In Runtime
Hey mates
Was just wondering how many of you have antec power supplies and how warm they feel, my 380w antec is barely worked and gets red hot almost lol. I was considering shoving a couple of case fans at one end to help airflow too as the fan doesnt seem to be that powerful...just wondering what your thoughts are, Kris.

My Antec PSU (330watt true power) does not feel that hot, feeling the air coming out of the back - but is hotter than the other 2 fans blowing hot air.

What do you mean barely works?

The fans gets faster the hotter the PSU gets, mine spins at 1320rpm atm.

I run my pc approx 12 hours a day, after half that time it gets warmed up, though i dont have a lot of devices, now the grill at the back can get nearly burning temperature (quite uncommon but it has ahppened) and the fan doesn't seem to run as fast as most other psu's. Like you say it has variable speed but mine doesn't seem to be running optimal even when hot. Just wondered if they use a low power fan or something and whether tis time to add some case fans around it to help

:p my cpu temps between 20-30 with idle-load respectively, case temp is usually a bit higher cos of my gfx card, usually mid thirties to forties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom