Power Supply Malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

demob05

Baseband Member
Turned in a notebook system back to Cyberpower Systems.. motherboard has to be replaced since something's to have gone wrong in the circuitry, it won't take the power supply!
Anyone else know about or bought from Cyberpower??

Yes I know about it, but have never bought from it. I have however heard great things about it.

I got my compuer from Cyber...they were fine, though i will definitly build next time. I would recommend Monarch over them any day though.

Notebook Overheating

I think a possible reason for the malfunction could be overheating in the Motherboard... My Cyberpower notebook systems equipped w/ AMD 64 bit 3200 Processor, w/ 1 GIG Memory and ATI 9700 Pro Video card - notebook version. Was playing a fair amount of graphics intensive games before it started breaking down, i.e. HL2, Counterstrike Source, America's Army, Doom 3, etc.
And it does get HOT after a few minutes..
Could this explain it, and if so, any precautions to take???

Heyyo,

Hmm, well, notebooks aren't very good for air ventillation since they're soo slim eh? try lifting your palms from your laptop, cause palms get sweaty, which get hot, and your laptop doesn't need body heat to help generate heat as it is. You can try having a fan blowing at your laptop to try and keep the air around it cool, could help lower it by a couple degrees. Make sure it's not blowing air into the cpu fan's exaust opening though, that'll make things worse. Most laptops have it on the back, so maybe have the fan on the sides.

Another one you can do is if you run games by cd, get no cd cracks. They're legal as long as you own a legit copy of the game. This will stop the computer from using the cd rom drive, and thus have a smaller load which will help keep the temperature down.

Now here's some good readups man:
http://support.gateway.com/s/tutorials/index/tutorials.asp

Yes, I know, not the brand you have but they have some pretty straight forward tutorials on helping keep your laptop healthy. Stuff like keep it out of the sun, so yeah, the cooler the setting you use it, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom