Possible processor problem.. please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolinp78

Solid State Member
Hi, I recently purchased parts for a new top of the line computer. My processor is Intel pentium 4 3.2 gHz. I had a friend help me build it. When he was going through the BIOS when it was almost done, he noticed that somewhere when we were starting up the computer it read (2x1600) or similar numbers.. Something eqaualing 3200. He said this may be a problem with the processor as the 3.2 gHz is being split or something. My processor has hyperthreading technology.. Could this be why it is displaying this? Is this a problem at all? I do not think these numbers are even displayed anymore when i start my computer up.

Thank you for reading

how will i know if its displaying the correct CPU speed? where will this be listed on bootup and what exactly will it say? im running Win XP Pro btw

in windows there are several ways to display current CPU speed.

1) one way it can be accessed is through the control panel. you can find that in my computer or the start menu or just by opening a folder there will be links to take you there.

once in the control panel you can click on "system" then click the hardware tab. click device manager. there is a item called "processors" with a plus (+) next to it. click the plus to expand the list and you will see the processor.

2) another way is throught the start button>> all programs>> accessories>> system tools>> system information.

this will tell you lots of info on your hardware.

3) click start button>> click "run". in the run box type "dxdiag" without the qoutes. this utility is for games but will give you detailed info on your CPU and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom