PCI Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkShdw88

In Runtime
I no you are all probly thinking why would someone want a new PCI graphics card but I just would like to know would ther be any difference in a TNT2 M64 and a FX5200 in terms of DVD Playback etc. (both PCI) .. please don't laugh hehe

The future is in PCI graphic cards so stick on to them and upgrade to motherboards with PCI card capabilities.If u have a decent graphic card DVD playback wouldnt be a problem.But TNT2 M64 is a very low end card so FX-5200 would be decent for its 350 mhz speed directx-9 support so go for it!!!!!!

im assuming u mean PCI Express, not PCI...

for the future of high end video cards, PCI Express is the future. PCI slots are generally used for modems, sound cards, things like that, not video cards.

And yes, there prolly would be a difference, but i dont know if it would be a big one

yeh unfortunately my (currently mine but have others) computer has a motherboard that does not contain a agp expansion slot (Intel CA810E) so I have to make do with either the onboard (which is poor of course) or go with PCI (not PCI-E) graphics card which at the moment i hav a TNT2 M64... i am gettin a dvd burner for this system shortly and although i do not require it to watch dvds it would be nice to know if it could

SteEL said:
The future is in PCI graphic cards so stick on to them and upgrade to motherboards with PCI card capabilities.
I think *he* means PCI-Express, not regular PCI.
As far as your card question, I don't think there will be a significant quality difference in dvd watching.

for just watching dvd's, i would have thoughtthe onboard would be fine. its only if you were playing games that you would have problems. have you tried playing a dvd with ur onboard?

Time for a new mobo... but if your not gonna be playing games then onboard should be okay....

Heyyo,

I had a bud who used to watch dvd's onna rivia tnt2. Worked fine. I mean, it's a video file, it's not realtime 3d rendering folks. :p

yeh but i only have a p3 700 so dvd playback (through xp on any software (tried all)) is not the best it stutters at full screen. Does the FX5200 have any specific dvd features or anything that would stop stuttering or is it just the same as tnt2 m64 with higher speeds, newer architecture and newer feats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom