PCI/AGP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2k4

In Runtime
I need to know if my motherboard has a PCI slot or a AGP slot because I am getting a new video card. Either the ATI X700 Pro (if my computer has PCI) or the Radion 9800 Pro if it has AGP. How do I find out which slot my computer has?

Ah, yea I ment PCI-E.
The manufacturer is Cicero, Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz, but I'm not sure how to find the motherboard model.

It's pretty easy to tell if you have PCI-E because most boards that come with it have the PCI-E for the graphics card and smaller PCI-E slots for your general things like sound cards and whatnot that are fitted to the new PCI-E standard. They generally have the regular PCI slots perhaps one or two on it.

The PCI-E boards are insanely new man so chances are you have an AGP slot.

We have to know the motherboard model to be able to look up specs. Download CPU-Z and it'll tell your motherboard model and make. You can just google in "CPU-Z" and you'll find multiple resources for it.

My computer is only about a month old, so if the PCI-E boards are new its most likely that I have one. My motherboard model is SiS-661

M2k4m,

You can find that in your motherbaord manual or goto the mobo manufacturer site to get the details. We need more info on your mobo to check whether it supports PCI-E . sis-661 isn't enuf.

i dont think SiS came with PCI-E chipset.

anyway, unlike standard color of brown on 98% motherboards, the PCI-E is coming in Jet black color and is longer than all previous slots, where PCI-E X1 is as small as the old modem riser slots on motherboards (97-2000 era), but are as well black in color usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom