PC V.S Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
Ok i am a blonde when it comes to Mac i know nothing, and i was concidering buying one to learn it. I wanted to know the big difference beteen mac and pc besides the obvious OS what does pc have over mac a what does mac have over pc.

also i have a 3.0 ghz p ht processor what is a good mac computer just as good as that or better than that? plz help.

Well I hate macintosh so I really couldnt' give you a good unbiased answer.

All I know is what you know in that like OS X is supposed to be insanely user friendly and stable and people will brag 'Oh it doesnt get virus's" but...yeah that's because why would anyone bother writing a virus for a computer in which like 5% of people use?

It used to be macs were 'better for graphical purposes' but I find that to be complete BS, as you go to Pixar studios or the people who made Final Fantasy and they are using Maya 3D, and Soft image, things on a PC based machine so I don't know where this rumor came from.

Also I don't know what macs speeds are up to these days so I couldn't tell ya the equivelant of a 3GHz Intel....

I believe someone said at one point that macs are already using 64bit processors, not sure if that's true or not though.

Plus the fact of course you will have a really small selection of programs that will work on the Mac unless you have a lot of Mac friends.

I don't know, just my thoughts, as I said I'm biased towards hating em lol as I had a mac WAY back in '95 that was a whole 65MHz and 16mb of RAM lol

My roomate has a new mac laptop. It's pretty neat. He has had it since the beginning of the first semester and it has yet to freeze or crash once ! Now that's just almost insane. I have used it rumerous times and I have to say, I'm not impressed. Yes, it's very stable but the software is limited and I have noticed that the software he has that is also on pc is missing features the pc counterpart has. He is a art major and that's what they reccommended him to get. But spec's I have no clue about. I would also like to get a laptop mac to learn it more myself. On reason I would consider one, and only a laptop no desktop, is b/c I would use it simply for typing notes in class and watching dvds which I can't see where a pc could have any advantages over a mac in that category. :p

Psht, you can take notes and watch dvds on any cheapo laptop.

Macs are expensive though, you're basically paying for steve jobbs acid trips and hippy designs more than actual use.

My computer doesn't freeze or crash unless I'm overclocking and testing new parameters....other than that I keep it nice, clean and functional, so suck that mac os! :p

MAC...Well I just got back from FRY's and they have a section dedicated to mac. I must say this though, the MAC Displays/monitors are VERY nice. I really wish I could hook it up to a PC because good god they are very versatile and sharp looking.

my lab at school runs of G5 macs and they suck many of them freeze or lose files randomly. only upside to mac is that they are really user friendly but this elminates all the advanced stuff you can do on pc
and another downside is that games for mac come out waaaay later than games for pc

WOW

Thank you guys so much ,i now hate MAC LOL you guys gave me a huge wake-up call. I will stick to my Laptop.

hahaha once you go mac you never go back
what a load of crap i have to live with mac 5 times a week and im always extremly happy to go home to my pc every time
macs cant do things pc can and they are outrageously expensive for nothing special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom