PC in a reboot loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightngsvt

Baseband Member
Hello all, this is my first post here. Anyway I have an IBM dektop PC 1.4 P3, 256RAM, 40g WD HDD internal NIC/video/sound running XP. I am woriking on this for a co-worker (personal favor). Anyway, the PC is cought in a constant reboot loop, it'll get to the "loading wondows" screen and reboot. I have tried another HDD with a known good OS and it does the same thing. Also the HDD from the IBM reboots in the same place on a different, known good PC? I put in an old HDD and installed XP and wont boot either? Everything seems to post fine and all hardware is seen in the BIOS. One thing that concerns me is that a few of the capacitors in the MB seem to have started to "leak"

Id appreciate any help or suggestions you can offer me. Thanks.

Chuck

The KGS was not the same make/model of PC and shows no capacitor leakage. I cant see any identification on the MB, but the PC is a type: 2254, model: H2U, config ID: CF33266.

I can tell you right now, capacitor leakage is not a good thing. It means bad things, bad news, bad news bears. id you try to over clock your computer or have it left on for extrodinarily long periods of time? One of those could be your proble, and your motherboard is toast.

My thoughts too. I have no idea what liofe this PC has lead, although it appears to be all original. Its not mine, Im just looking at it as a favor to a co worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom