PC not booting, beeping at me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
My Pc has recently decided not to boot at all. When I turn it on I get 1 long beep (with the post code "0d" - LED on mobo) followed shortly by continuous high short beeps (with post code "41"). There is nothing on the screen.

Pc Specs: AMD 64 3000 939, Av8 3rd eye, 1536 Geil Dual Channel Value ram, 6800 XFX, 330W Truepower.

If this helps at all, just before this, my PC made a siren noise. I restarted and managed to get to windows (with the date and time erased) . I then did another resart which crashed in the DOS posting screen, with half the screen in blue. It has now gone to my listed problem above.

So far I have tried switching the RAM modules and clearing CMOS, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Trif.

check pc beep codes for that motherboard, remove and reinstall vid card or try different one, youve already tried different memory

the siren noise isnt good though, mobo may be screwed

Im looking for beep codes for the pheonix bios, I'm having trouble looking for the beep codes on the pheonix bios. I have tried all 4 of my sticks in different slots. I removed the graphics card, removed the dust from it, and put it back with the same results.

I was thinking that the motherboard might be faulty.

Well 330watts in not a good enough PSU in there, but it may not be the problem in this issue.

It had been fine for 4 months with that wattage, and its a good make PSU.

When it beeps like that, it's usually the RAM, or videocard. That's what I've encountered in my expirience, at least.

I do not understand the phoenix beep code combination, as it says four combinations of numbers....

I can't really test out my graphics card in anouther system, as the one im on now, has a different slot, it looks different, and it has sd ram, a whole 64mb lol. :'(

If my pc wanted to say hello, it would beep once, lol. right now its starting a fight :(

0d and 41 are not listed on the post codes from the abit website. Motherboard failure?? Should I RMA it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom