Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Just built a new system here are the specs:

X2 3800+

geforce fx 6800GT

160 GB Seagate SATA

1.5 Gigs of ram (soon to be 2 gigs)

anyways, i did the burn in tests and ran 3dmark05 and it seems to be running fine, except when I am encoding video and playing a game every 10-20 seconds the game freezes for about 2-3 seconds, is this normal, or is it because i am running an encoding program? (have yet to try out without it running) anyways, i did isntall nvidia display and regular chipset drivers and the amd windows xp driver (did the x16 nvidia drivers btw) Thanks for all the help on tryign to figure out what this is., Josh

Sorry about making this post here, I was not sure if it is a hardware problem or software. Thanks.

Encoding is very CPU intensive, I don't think it matters if its dual core or not, Ive never known anyone to encode and try to play a game at the same time.

mine works perfect as long as i affinity the encoding to one core that way the second core is open to play games, it just has a slightly noticeable blip every now and then, mainly America's Army, can run at full graphics and a bit of blip every now and then, for all I know it could be my internet lag catching up as well, need to buy a single player game like Doom or F.E.A.R. to try it out.

seems to do it even when im not encoding, although its much less pronounce maybe just a blip on the screen (quarter of a second if that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom