Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh i know thats not a fanboy comment. That is just stating the truth. I gotta say it though...

Thats for stating that, captain obvious. :p

Def dont buy emachines.....

I'm riding an eMachine right now (check my sig below). I have upped the RAM, added a DVD drive and a DVD burner, and added a graphics card.

Your experiences may have been bad, but don't condemn all of them because of it. You find lemons in every make and model of car, as well as computers.

Trotter said:
I'm riding an eMachine right now (check my sig below). I have upped the RAM, added a DVD drive and a DVD burner, and added a graphics card.

Your experiences may have been bad, but don't condemn all of them because of it. You find lemons in every make and model of car, as well as computers.

Well, it may be true that they use crappy parts now that they're owned by Gateway.. but they didn't used to. In fact, before I starting making my own systems, I bought an emachines BECAUSE they used quality parts - relative to the other manufacturers - at the time.
That emachine I've now setup as my girlfriend's system... it's almost 4 years old and it hasn't had a single problem.

Stupid said:
No 6800 Ultra no Nvidia in general.

No DFI mobos they suck.

No seagate HDs.

{Personal opinion. Bad taste, but personal opinion. ~Trotter}

This basically contradicts basically everything everyone has stated here. No Nvidia? No Seagate? No Dfi? Out of what ive heard and seen, its quite the opposite. Understandable it's your opinion, but these components you have labeled as "bad" is a terrible show to users deciding on purchasing parts etc. This thread is for parts that actually are not worth paying, for waht you said is the equivalent of saying "amd sucks no one should buy it".Many many people have more than been satisfied with some of the parts you said. I recomend this thread sticking to experiences that can be explained on why its not worth it. Not flaming you my friend, just saying that your statments aren't the most "accurate" ones.

You cant have possibly bought every model. DOnt say that.

If your looking for a cost effective computer solution, do not buy from AlienWare, Falcon Northwest, or Voodoo.

Stupid said:
No 6800 Ultra no Nvidia in general.

No DFI mobos they suck.

No seagate HDs.

{Personal opinion. Bad taste, but personal opinion. ~Trotter}
[sarcasm]and while we're at it, just don't buy a computer. computers suck.......[/sarcasm]

Trotter said:

Never bought emachine, but my Ex used to work for their Customer Service Call Center. I never paid attention to it until now. She used to say How BAD emachine was and the crappy parts they used in their comps.

Just my 2cents

Oh, i hate ATi all together (love nvidia)

I totally hate Maxtor, I do some PC tech work for alot of my friends, and alot of them have 40GB Maxtor drives, I have to reformat there computers every couple months, because files and partitions end up corrupt. I put in a WD or a Seagate and I have not had any problems like that sense then.

BTW

ATi has really shitty software support, but when you get the right driver it is freakin perfect. I LOVE it!

nVidia has really good software support, it just seems to me that the hardware is somewhat lacking.... Maybe they(ATi and nVidia) should combine and make the ultimate Gfx Card ahahaha

how could you say that?
Nvidia's 6000 series cards have a lot over ATI's X*** cards
SM 3, a lot better openGL performance, still really good Direct3D performance
ATI, lacking SM 3.0, are not 'perfect' even with drivers that work best with them. I'm not saying Nvidia is, but their 6000 series cards are closer to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom