p4 cpu and mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I have to build a computer for someone, and they want intel, i've never really built an intel machine so iono what mobo's are good heh.. anyways, he's just using it for typing, internet, music kinda stuff so i want an integrated video/sound mobo, and if you could gimme any opinions on which one's would be good, along with what p4 cpu is the best for the money, that'd be great, i'm gonna go look around, i just wanted some opinions

You can get a P4 3.0Ghz 800Mhz FSB for aroun $200 these days which is a good buy for a very nice processor.

As far as the board, if you're looking for stability and ease, just go for an intel board. It sucks for overclocking, but they're easy to setup and troubleshoot.

Here's a board
that supports the 3.0 I mentioned above with onboard vid/audio. Just be careful, the vid card is crap for most games out today.

that board seems a little too generic... and like i said, typing, internet, music.. so no need for anything other than an integrated video chip. And that chip seems like a little too music, i want to keep the whole system under 650, including a monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom