overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V M4N

Beta member
Hey new to this forum, and there seems to be quite a few wizards on here, so a question for whoever can help, please.

I've got a sony vaio, pcg-grz515g. Had it since christmas, so not long. I've been leaving it on quite a lot and playing quite a bit of quake 3 online. I normally use it on my bed on a piece of cardboard.

Now what happens is that while doing anything, mainly games, it seems to just turn off completely. I checked the bottom of the laptop and it was very hot. Since then i've put it on a wooden chair, and it hasn't done it since, fingers crossed. I've still got guarantee so i can take it back if it seems to be a fault.

Any suggestions as to what it probably is? do these laptops generally have this fault? or is my one faulty?

i would be very grateful for any info whatsoever, and a solution would be even better.

Cheers guys

temperature

I've been using it on a table now.

Today was quite a hot day, i turned it on, and wrote a few emails, and the laptop did it again, just turned off, after being on for only 20 minutes at the max.

How do i check the temperature?

I've emailed sony and they don't seem to reply, so what should i do, because backing up the system with the amount of stuff on there is going to be a nightmare.

Its getting really annoying now, :(

overheating

Almost all the time i'm plugged into mains power. Yesterday it happened three times throughout the day.

I know this may sound stupid but how do i get into the bios on one of these, as all i see at the start are the sony and vaio logos?

Here are the instructions for entering the BIOS on the Sony,,,

good luck,,

Enter the BIOS: Press F3 during VAIO screen for menu. Press F1 for setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom