old computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDALOSS

In Runtime
On some of these old computers 250 to 333mhz.Do youneed 250 mb of memory to run windows xp properly. And does it have to be 350 andover to run broadband

the 250 to 333mhz is your cpu Frequency. what are all the specs of this computer. So old like a p3 can run Xp as i havea a friend on here his computer is a p3 333mhz 512 ram it runs XP with no problem. AS far as the broadband internet that should not effect a computer at all. IF its a p3 or higher. But post your spec we can help you more.

I have a 233MHz Packard Bell with 32MB of RAM that can use broadband. I don't think you'd have a problem as long as you used USB or a NIC card.

Ok last I checked the Pentium III ranged from 450MHz to 1.3GHz or 1.4GHz. IÂ’ve never heard of a 333MHz version. Perhaps you meant Pentium II 333MHz.

Anyways IÂ’ve got a Pentium II 366MHz laptop with 192MB RAM and it runs XP quite decently. The general rule with any version of Windows but especially with XP is that the more processor speed and the more RAM the better the machine will run. XP is the worst resource hog out of all the desktop versions of Windows. Perhaps Windows 2000 would be a better option for you for an older machine.

Now with broadband. If you were to use a network card to connect to a router to access broadband internet then I donÂ’t think it would really matter what speed your processor is. Of course if your processor is too slow then your internet surfing may get a bit too choppy.

But if you were to use a USB port connected to a modem then your processor speed my be more of an issue. That being because the software supplied with your modem may require at least a certain speed of processor. Not to mention also a certain amount of RAM too.

Dark_Sniper* said:
the 250 to 333mhz is your cpu Frequency. what are all the specs of this computer. So old like a p3 can run Xp as i havea a friend on here his computer is a p3 333mhz 512 ram it runs XP with no problem. AS far as the broadband internet that should not effect a computer at all. IF its a p3 or higher. But post your spec we can help you more.

It's a pentium 2 than, Pentium 3's start at 450

You have a western digital. Is that a 7200 rpm hardrive.Whats the difference
The comp in my sig is not the one I was speaking of.

The old Bell has a 4.3gig Western Digital ATA66 hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom