ok. ppl. i really need your help. Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

umybiatch2k6

In Runtime
I built my own system about 3 weeks ago. I thought i did a great job, but now the mistakes are showing up.

the specs are as follow (these are teh components I put in):

P4 2.8GHz at 533MHz FSB w/ 512 KB cache
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR, 405 mem, 250 core
160GB 7200RPM WD hardrive w/ 8.9ms seektime

These are the problems I have (with all of these)

Problem I:
I just ran 3dMark03 and I noticed in the results that my CPU is running at 133MHz FSB. I know the motherboard (P4X400 Platinum Soyo Dragon Motherboard (garbage if you ask me)) supports a FSB of 533, but apparently I did not set it that way. If you could just tell me how to do that (i'm guessing through BIOS), I'd be forever grateful.

Problem II:
Also, the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, which is supposed to run 8x AGP, displays under AGP memory (in the 3dMark03 results) as 0. Once again, i know the mobo can handle a 8x AGP, but apparently I once again installed it wrong. cuz i got a score of like 1060 on it, which I know is garbage.

Problem III:
Then there's the harddrive. I read something in the manual that it wouldn't be supported over 149GB w/o a IDE ATA controller or something of the kind. Now for some dumb reason i thought that was hardware the computer was not equiped w/, but apparently it was. now how can i set it up to work (so XP can recognize it to be 160GB) w/o losing the data on my harddrive?

well thanks a bunch and i hope I get a solution for at least the first two :D

your problems arent problems at all
I- Your Bus Speed is 133 because pentium 4 b's fsb is 133x4=532 but its really 533
II-Why are your 3dmark03's scores so low? because the 5200 is a budget video card with your setup and that video card 1060 seems about right
III im not sure what your talking about

"Why are your 3dmark03's scores so low? because the 5200 is a budget video card with your setup and that video card 1060 seems about right"

That is right, if you want a FX series card do something 5600 or higher. Although ATi is better with the 9000 series cards, go with one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom