OEM Hardware: End User License Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldfleming

Baseband Member
I'm considering buying a keyboard advertised on Amazon, which is described as OEM.

In terms of the end user license agreement, does this mean that it can only be used by a person who has purchased it as part of computer system built by someone who has purchased an OEM license from the original manufacturer?

I plan to replace my existing keyboard. The new one would be used for both private and business purposes. Given that I am not building or buying a computer system, would this be an appropriate product for me to buy?

Link to Amazon:
Logitech OEM Ultra X Premium Keyboard USB UK Layout - Silver: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Link to specs for keyboard:
http://channel.logitech.com/storage/DataSheet/03BA310F629C4D35C1257501000069C1.pdf

Yes, it will be fine for you to purchase it. There can be no legal issues in purchasing and using it.

Also, you have to be the most 'honest' person I've ever encountered :p

Usually when it says OEM there all it means is that it came with a system, but the system was sold separately from the keyboard, or that the individual computer was faulty in some way.

Yea Yami is right on this. Your question is honorable and rare these days! OEM as it goes in this situation means that for some reason it was a left over. Maybe the pc got shipped with something different or they are pulls from box setups for some reason. It's fine to purchase it and its often a nice way to save some cash:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom