NZXT Unveils Tempest - Mid-tower Steel Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Source

This looks to be a better case than the Antec 900. I'm putting it on my Recommended PC Components guide. This could be one of my next cases.

NZXT, a company specialized in PC enthusiasts and gamers chassis, is proud to announce the NZXT Tempest. Tempest is a mid-tower steel case which weights 11.2kg without the optional 500W ATX 2.0 PSU and comes with 6 fans included: dual intake (120mm), dual exhaust (140mm) with additional side and rear fans (120mm). With Tempest you'll also get cable managment system inside the case, pre-drilled holes at the back of the case for external watercooling, and support for the E-ATX standard. "With the Tempest's 6 120mm fans, we've created the Airflow King of cases. Combining the cooling capabilities with the space and storage features, the Tempest is designed to be the best enthusiast and gaming chassis in its class." Retailing for $99, the new Tempest case will be available from the first week of April from NZXT.

nzxt1.jpg

nzxt2.jpg

nzxt3.jpg

nzxt4.jpg

wow... this actually looks pretty darn cool... the weird protrusions on the front are a little odd, but... all considered, it looks great i think...
and with dual fans mounted on the top of the case, while the PSU is in the bottom... i would think this would be PERFECT for mounting a radiator up there if you were going to internal water-cool a case like this...
ive been looking for a solid case that i wouldnt have to mod much to convert to water-cooling... and i think i may have found it :D
thoughts, anyone?
heck, for $99... i almost want one anyways just cuz its so cheap! :) - RK

Hmm, not bad. Might consider switching it out from the 900 if it goes on sale. I'm getting tired of the top mounted power button my 900. Stupid cat is constantly turning my computer off at inoportune times because she likes to stand on the computer.

Hmm, not bad. Might consider switching it out from the 900 if it goes on sale. I'm getting tired of the top mounted power button my 900. Stupid cat is constantly turning my computer off at inoportune times because she likes to stand on the computer.

ZOMG! happened with my old comp... so many times in the middle of important games and homework :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom