nvidia video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoe4

Baseband Member
ok, I need a video card,, acutally a couple of them,, all I have ever run is ATI. I love ATI cards, but I am curious about nvidia cards. There are a ton of companies that sell nvidia cards, what is the best all round nvidia card? A friend of mine has a MSI Ti4200, 128mg and he loves it. I am looking at a high end card and a middle of the road card.

Any suggestions?

Right now I think the Nvidia GeForce 5950 256 MB is one of highest they sell (for high end prices as well..) But 6800 coming out soon, so that will be a lot better competition for the ATI. I'm not really a pro on the subject tho, so dont listen to me.

P.S. Not very much diff between 128 MB and 256, other than big price difference and a bit of FPS in games somewhat. You mainly paying for bragging rights. A topic being discussed constantly is waiting for PCI Express to come out, as it is supposed to be way better than AGP. I personally prefer Nvidia cards over ATI, but it is purely personal preference. Dont want this thread to start as another vid card arguement..:D

What you've got now is pretty darn good right now. I wish I had it. I'm running a Radeon 9600XT myself. I really don't see a compelling reason to go nvidia right now unless ATI can't match or come close to the 6800 when it comes out.

a friend has his MSI Ti 4200 OC and running at speeds faster than a Ti-4600 . Id wait for a price drop to get a better card for less money :)

ATI is much better, although if you really wanna go nvidia i suggest MSI they are far the best manufacturer, if you get a fx5900 it can be overclocked to the performance of an fx5950 anyway saving you some cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom