Nvidia stole SLI technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonanse

Baseband Member
i knew i didn't like them for a reason but i have no choice...

in 1998 a company named 3dfx made the frist sli card proably using pci

The reason why they aren't around anymore is they made technology in cards a ahead of it's time but it couldn't be use becuase pc games sucked *** back then, from that it was very expensive(makes sense why buy something you can't use)

on the other hand ATI and Nvidia made cards that met only what the gamer need and it was cheap for people to buy

becuase of this they went out of bussiness. later on ati made their cross fire soultion which was pantent. Since there was no more 3dfx and they wanted to get back into the game the took the sli technology putting it in there new series 6 and 7 for pci express only.

i think you about it their dream of achiving more framerate and better picture killed them..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3dfx

as Apokalipse said, nVIDIA bought out 3dfx. do you know how old this news is....about as old as the date you mentioned, being since SLI was originally invented. SLI is not stolen at all aside from the name. the concept in part was obviously taken from 3dfx but the actual implementation of nVIDIA's version of SLI is different. before you go making claims like this do your research

LOL.... nice... I remember the VooDoo cards way back in the day... If I remember correcctly, you could combine 2 differnet VooDoo cards at the same time. Not positive though. That was like 6 or 7 years ago.

lol, i never new that, learn something every day on this forum (lol, for me i learn something each thread i visit :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom