Nvidia or ATI? I need help choosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I am trying to decide to get an ATI Radeon 9800 XT or GeForce 5950 Ultra for my computer I am getting ready to build. I have seen sites and forums that point me in both directions. Please give me your opinions.

Here is my intended setup so far

ThermalTake Xaser III V1000D Blue Steel Case
Coolmax Black Aluminum 550 Watt Power Supply
AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard
Kingston HyperX (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200
ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB 256-Bit
Maxtor 200GB
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Please give me any suggestions on this setup that you have

wow beedubaya, that looks like a really nice setup. my friend has the ATI Radeon 9800 XT card, he sais it is really good. and ide go with him. but yeah if you are willing to spend the extra money like Dynasty said. ide deffinitly go for the X800 pro. but yeah. its your choice in the end.

bleh, damn nvidian's, it's like.. it's like you come from another world :D yea ati's models are usually a bit cheaper than nvidia's, it's just their thing, kinda like.. better quality products at lower prices, sorry cappy ;) Get the x800, pleaseeee and tell us how great it is.

I would go with either an Nvidia fx 5900 128mb card or an Nvidia fx 5950 256mb card. I've heard that Nvidia cards perform better on AMD proccessors. I've checked some benchmarks and they seem to be accurate.

ATI cards have been dominating in real world gaming tests. However nvidia's cards have been winning in synthetic benchmarks. I wonder who is more consumer oriented and who is just trying to sell an over priced card?

.... long explanation short. ATI x800 or 9800xt.

ATI is a canadian company, and you know how foreign countries sell their products cheap to us americans.:) nVidia is better quality though, both perform the same, but ATI's current cards are cheaper, so go with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom