Nvidia -> ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mRk

In Runtime
Ok, I'm going to get a 9800PRO soon. I heard that if you install ATI drivers with Nvidia drivers already on my HD, the graphics won't run well. Is this true? If so, how do I delete the Nvidia drivers?

Oh yea, I have a GeForce 4 intergrated into the motherboard, and the restore CD contains Nvidia drivers.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think you go into Add-Remove programs and you can delete the drivers.

also there are a few programs such as driver cleaner that will help you completely remove hard to remove drivers. ati and nvidia drivers dont play well together.

You get the best performance if you do a reformat after moving to ATI, but if you don't want to do that, just remove your NVidia drivers, and also remove any references to them in the registry.

The add/remove program doesn't completely remove your old drivers and this may create conflicts between ATI and NVIDIA. Do a google search for programs such as Detonator destroyer, Detonator RIP, NVCleaner etc...

i recommend a fresh install. that way you KNOW there are no left over installs. also its nice to start clean with a spankin new graphics card.

Download Registry Mechanic and run a scan (after you uninstall nVidia drivers). Delete every entry that is brought up after the scan and u are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom