Normal and High Video card temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdryicexx

In Runtime
after spending 30 or so minutes pinning down my video card heat sensor, i finally got the correct reading. on idle, my video card runs around anywhere from 40-50 celcius. on heavy graphics load it runs at high 50's all the way to 60-61 celcius.. I am not overclocking at all, I am infact using the OverDrive feature on the 9600 XT but it automatically finctions to raise and lower my clockspeed depending on the temperature.

Is this high, normal? should I turn off OverDrive to lower temp's if 55-60 celcius is in fact a high temp for a video card when onload?

without my heatsink, my card (idle) was around 47. i suggest you get the heatsink i have, its easy to install and it drastically reduces your temps.

Thanks, I will definitly look into it..

was wondering though, is 45 celcius on idle and 55-60 celcius when under heavy graphics okay for a grphx card? cause 55-60 is too much on a cpu, but not sure about grphx cards..

My X800 runs at 67C under heavy load, and that's fair for an X800. I've read about people who run ATI X800 at up to 80C with stability, so don't worry about it, xxdryicexx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom