Noob Question: Socket 939 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
A socket 939 will only fit a socket 939 cpu. A socket 478 will only fit a socket 478 cpu, etc etc...

One more noob question, I am pretty sure you can't but can you run a socket 754 processor on a 939 motherboard (like the one above)

Nope. Like Him said a S939 board is only compatible with a S939 PGA CPU.

Off topic, but I once saw an pic somewhere on the web once of a S939 CPU socket with an extra hole drilled into it; thus making it a 'home-made' S940 lol :p Don't go trying something like that at home...

Right. The number 754 is how many pins it has. That cpu has 754 pins, and a socket 939 has 939 holes for 939 pins.

1.) you can't run 754 on 939; 754 is old news, it's already discontinued (or soon will be)
2.) ECS is unreliable (and don't plan on OCing with it), and even if you don't oc, ecs isn't a good brand of mobo anyways

DoomUK said:
Nope. Like Him said a S939 board is only compatible with a S939 PGA CPU.

Off topic, but I once saw an pic somewhere on the web once of a S939 CPU socket with an extra hole drilled into it; thus making it a 'home-made' S940 lol :p Don't go trying something like that at home...

Won't work besides the different pin, their all different pinouts

Hmm, so what problems could I see from am unreliable motherboard (I am on a tight budget.)

well doesn't the word 'unreliable' kind of tell you? Pretty self explinatory.

Flake out, die on you earlier, not perform as well, things like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom