Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
160GB Maxtor 7200RPM HDD with 8MB buffer
80GB Western Digital 5400RPM HDD with 2MB buffer
LITE-ON DVD-ROM drive
NEC DVD +/- RW 4x
56K modem
3 cold cathode lights
7 fans

My question is, do you think my 500W PSU is enough for all this, or do you think I need more? It is not a TruePower PSU, so I guess it doesn't consistantly run at 500 watts. I would think 500W is enough, but regarding my 8 fps in Doom 3, I am not sure. I was thinking maybe it was my PSU not getting enough juice. Excuse my ignorance once again.

You could use a little more power. I also have a XASER III case with the similar setup. Except I am running a Geforce 6800 Ultra. I am running an Antec Truepower 550W PSU and it never even hiccups.

I would think that the main problem would be that 80GB 5400RPM drive. Is that your primary drive? If so, that is definitely your problem.
Also, have you thought about going SATA on your hard drives? They make a world of difference on your search times.

yeah it should be enuf
my friend has an antec 350 Watt and hes running this :
3 harddrives (1 raptor)
a 6800 Ultra
P4 3.4
Full Pci slots including audigy sound card, gigabit lan etc
all in a superlanboy with 2 cathodes

I duno how he does it but it never locks up or nething, so I really doubt its a power issue

apokalipse said:
I would take my chances with a 6800, and sell the X800. 500W sould be enough for your PC, unless it is not actually providing the full 500W

I agree.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom