No sound being output

Status
Not open for further replies.

neondragon2k

Solid State Member
Ok new problem :)

When using my old mobo the sound stopped working, it was being output thru the front socket on the towers head phone socket. I assumed it was a mobo problem, and as I was buying a new one thought nothing of it. However on the new mobo im having the same problem.

Im using a Asus a7n8x-E mobo. My thought is that its the front socket on the tower thats a bit screwed, as if i pump the volume to huuuuge heights i can feintly hear sound. I tried disconnecting the front port, but this doesnt make the sound output from one of the ports on the back.

Is this my problem, and if so, how can i make it output the sound via the back ports?

yea tested with headphones and other speakers. Got drivers off nvidia today, reinstalled twice, still same problem. I had the same problem with old mobo, seems like port on towers messed.

how would i make it output from the back?

neondragon2k said:
yea tested with headphones and other speakers. Got drivers off nvidia today, reinstalled twice, still same problem. I had the same problem with old mobo, seems like port on towers messed.

how would i make it output from the back?

I don't really know what you mean when you say you think it's the port on the towers?

What port do you have them connected to now?

yea i was a bit vague sry bout that

Basically when u plug in a wire for sound in the back it goes directly into the mobo's port

The front two ports for headphone and Mic arent actually on the mobo, they are built into the front panel connected to the motherboard by wire. I think these front ports are giving the issues

no ideas? still havent got it working, looked in bios, still clueless. Anyone know how i can make the sound output not just via the heaphone socket, and get it out the back ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom