No More Socket 754 Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I am a bit pissed off about this as this was not suppose to happen for another 3 months, however AMD is pulling the plug to their production of AMD Athlon 64 Socket 754.

However AMD Sempron are still coming out as Socket 754.
AMD Athlon 64 is not dedicatiing itself to Socket 939.

We all knew this change was coming, however orginally I was told that it would be coming into affect First Quarter 2006.

So if you want to get another ATHLON 64 SKT 754, make your purchase now while their is still stock in the distribution channel.

Well, that means that my 3200 can be a collectors item since their quitting production! kinda like old cars ;)

Over all, I think AMD did a really big mistake with releasing 2 processors sockets at the same time. Effectly it was 3 socket if you include the fact that the early SEMPRON were SOCKET A too.

Oh.... the other thing while I am thinking about Socket A. If you have an old socket A CPU with no motherboard sitting around doing nothing. If you want to get a motherboard, I would be acting quick about it.
Alot of my distributors are talking last orders on socket A motherboard.

Shumway said:
Socket 754 cpu's are still going to be floating around for a good while,They might quit producing them but i bet they have one hell of a stock pile still ;)
Any bet in about 3 months time, AMD is going to release some of their stock that they reserved for RMA purposes.

Like a few of my distrubutors just did that with Socket A. And I remember the time they released the socket 7 RMA stock too.

Problem is, there is no guarantees on stock.
RMA can take a little longer to process
And you need to act fast in order to get the stock at it normally dryies up pretty quickly.

well even if it does come out, I won't have money to get one :p

Mobile socket 939 dual core would be where it's at :D Or better yet the mobile socket m2 dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom