no idea what i have done

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnotaho

Beta member
Ok, Someone told me that if i reinstalled xp everything would return to normal, Well it didnt, I have lost all information that I had, address book and so on. Also programs I used to have , I can search for and find them but how do I put them back into my control panel add/remove programs. Also I used to be able to access a start up option on my help and support page, but this is no longer there either, so I cant decide what programs I would like to load up when I turn on computer, the messenger buddy keeps popping up on my task bar and I dont want him there.What have I done and how can I put my computer back to the way that I used to have it? Or is it even posible now.

Ya, now that you've reinstalled Windows, you've pretty much deleted everything, unless you keep your files on a separate drive than Windows.

The only way to get your old files back is to use a file recovery program which usually arent free.

Other than that I really hope you have backed up all your stuff before the reinstall.

I didnt reformat my hard drive, I just reinstalled xp, everything is still in there somewhere, because i found all my music I had on p[laylists, but my favorites and addys are gone. Also , I used to have a spellcheck on my outlook now its gone, and the sart up options for programs I cant seem to find a way to get into that. Thanks all for your help, Im a computer iliterate and feeling stupid for listening to someone. I ve had to foramt my hard drive before and do everything, but this is harder to get back toi where it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom