newegg "open box" items

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
just wondering what exactly open box items are (for those you who use newegg) aside from OEM items, i always thought they were returned items that had something wrong with them.

Any help would be helpfull cause they can save me money :D

It's probably something that somebody didn't request.

Over here at Best Buy, most people will buy a computer, it doesn't have the specs or stuff they want on it, so they return it.

So it might be something that was delivered to somebody by mistake.

what do they do with the RMA items, do they send them back to the manufactor? or what? cause i don't think they would resell it

Yes, they would send them back to the manufacturer.

They won't sell you anything bad, because it gives them a bad rep.

i have purchased open box items from newegg many many times. everytime they have never let me down because they are newegg. i bought a asus geforce6600 video card because it was $40 less than the new one. the card was entirely new but the driver discs were gone and the dvi to dsub adapter was gone. i bought a sceptre 19" widescreen for 175$ and when i recieved it the box was opened but the monitor was entirely new. i have also bought a kworld usb tv tuner for 12$ when the new one cost more than 40$. open box from
newegg is wonderful.

"Newegg.com does not test any product, including Open Box items. Open Box components are therefore only tested by the original manufacturer. Due to the varying quality of manufacturer testing, YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BUYING OPEN BOX PRODUCTS. Open Box items are OPEN BOX products that contain components that have previously been owned by other clients and returned to Newegg.com. These products are sold considerably under cost."

I said this in some other thread, but they give you like 15 days even if it is bad. Only do it with something you can test. EX-memory is fine, but a motherboard would be a bad idea, because it could take months to figure out if something is wrong. Keep in mind if its open box you don't know what the previous owner did to it and some people are very stupid so for an example they could have been rough on installing and broke it and just sent it back saying something else. Point is its a risk no matter what anyone says.

I've always wondered, do open box items come WITH a box? Cause I remember reading some reviews on newegg where it said their product was just wrapped in bubble wrap, and no box. What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom