newbie needs info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ton247

Solid State Member
hi, new to the forums. i'm semi knowledgeable when it comes to computers and hardware. in a half-year i'm leaving for college and was planning on buying a laptop so serve my studying/gaming needs. my first question:

what are the differences between AMD and Intel processors? is it just a matter of taste?

thanks for the help:happy:

Hi ton247 and welcome to Tech-Forums :D

The difference between AMD and Intel is that because they are two different companies creating two different types of processors. Really it just a matter of taste as AMD pretty much copied off of Intel in the beginning. Now AMD is just a parallel to the Intel lines. I like Intel more myself as they aren't cheap copy off's :happy:. Also, yes, it is a matter of taste.

There is actually no big difference between the two since you get about equal performance for your money. Intel currently has faster processors in the upper price range. So if you have a lot to spend, Intel has the fastest mobile processors.

AMD used to create clones of Intel CPUs but Intel decided not to allow it to be done anymore. So AMD has been developing it's own CPUs. Intel is actually copying AMD's designs such as running 32bit on a 64bit processor and next year they will copy off AMD's integrated memory controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom