New Video card decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogite

Baseband Member
I just changed my video card from the one i upgraded to about 3 years ago (Radeon 8500LE) back to the original one that came with my Gateway PC (Voodoo Banshee). Now i'm having problems with that one! :( When I was at BestBuy telling the PC guy about it he said my power Supply (200W) was not enough for the Radeon I had in there before, even though it worked fine up until recently. So my question is, if I need to go with a new Video Card, how do I know it will be ok with a 200W PS? He had talked me into buying a new PS which I never opened so I'm thinking I can return it for a new Video Card if need be. The ones they have for my price range are.....
PNY - Verto GeForce4 MX 4000 Graphics Card
BFG - Asylum GeForce MX 4000 Graphics Card
VisionTek - Xtasy RADEON 9200 SE Graphics Card
VisionTek - Xtasy RADEON 9250 Graphics Card
would one of these be safe to install in my old Gateway G6-400??

Tell us the exact's and prices before you buy.

A 9250 would be the best card to put in out of those, and yes you would need to upgrade the power supply.

Post your complete specs please.

With an old gateway, im doubtful you could pysically fit those cards in.

phosho510 said:
why dont you get a 6600gt?

It's a PII 400 and you want to put a 6600GT in their?

I think you should ditch the whole PC. Something sounds broken. When you replace the video card and power supply, that will run ya a decent amount of money. It's not worth doing anything to that computer.

Yeah, i'm afraid i'm pretty much screwed! I can't do anything about a new PC until Fall. :( Trying to put a new PS into this Gateway tomer will be hard because I can't put it where the existing PS is so it would have to go in the bottom of the case and i've been told that's a bad idea. Without at least a 300W PS I can't replace the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom