New Upgrade (Board & CPU) Everything Plugged In But One Problem. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidWatersUGP

Baseband Member
Hey Everyone,

To start off, IÂ’ve already have built computers before so IÂ’m know what IÂ’m doing, so all of this is nothing new to me. However, I have finally upgraded, I have a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4 HT Chip with a ECS Elitegroup 848P-A motherboard.

IÂ’ve put everything together, however, I run into one problem and itÂ’s starting to frustrate me and I have no idea at all now. IÂ’ve followed the directions in the motherboard book several times but I donÂ’t think thatÂ’s the problem. When I turn it on, no display comes up, and itÂ’s starts beeping. I know this usually means IÂ’m missing something, like no RAM or something, but I double checked everything. Even made sure the chip was inserted correctly and it was.

The beep is different from oneÂ’s I have heard before. It lasts for an entire 6 or 7 seconds (I counted), then stops, and starts again. IÂ’ve tried re-connecting everything, trying a different video card, moving the RAM into a different slot, etc, and I still run into the same problem.

Does anyone know what this beep pattern means so I we can get a better understanding of the problem and see If IÂ’m able to fix it, whatever it is lol.

The motherboard book does not come with any type of troubleshooting, already looked.

Thanks Everyone, canÂ’t wait to get my new fast computer working! IÂ’ve been stuck on a 1.4ghz AMD for quite some time. If you need any other information, feel free to request it.

Thanks for your help,
David Waters

find out what bios and version u have then go onto the internet and find the particular bios u have and look up the beep error codes and see which one u have.. personally id help u out and look at it myself but im kinda stuck in the middle of my own predicament (is that how u spell that? :confused: lol)

When I Built my last computer (in my profile) I had that same problem and the beeps were indicating bad ram

I check everything on it. I would put the pieces on one of my other Computer and Everything would work fine

that left one piece. the MoBO (Msi K7n2 Delta Motherboard)

I took it back. exchanged it. Everything worked after that

Yeah...I was just in another forum and they mentioned that I may have the wrong brand of memory or something...guess it does not like the type of DDR Ram that I have. I just tested it with 2 other brands from my friends DDR Ram and it still does the same...strange. I doubt all 3 brands would not be reconized by the board...atleast one or something. Should I go onto the motherboard companies website and get a list, if they have one?

U-Toast said:
run the pc as a barebones. only mobo, cpu, vid card, and ram. c it itl start.

That's what I have been doing now.

As a side note...the motherboard book says it only supports newer AGP cards. I have an old GeForce 2 AGP cad I would like to use and have been using to test with, but the power light shows up which is good but the fan on it does not spin and I think there is another red light which means error. But I've also tested it with another video card I have, PCI ATI Radeon 7000 32MB and I still get the same beeping.

Thanks for your help everyone so far. I hope I can get this working soon :)

try to place out the items u know are good. try putting them in an other pc, and c if itl run, then u can put that one aside, then ul end up with 1 last peace, u might hafta return it.

edit: i just tought of incompatability issues also, try to find out if there are any, go to ur components websites

http://www.ecs.com.tw/

Is the website...but I cant find any info on the board. Can anyone else find it? (ECS Elitegroup 848-A)

I bought this at Fry's as a motherboard and cpu combo, so it should work.

I'm guessing the problem is RAM too... but I've tried 3 brands already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom