New system settup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrealish

Solid State Member
Hello,
I recently built a new system that works great except for one thing. I'm far from being a techy. But, I have built several systems. My problem is in setting up my raid (I've never set up a raid system). Here's the system I've built (a music production machine).

Athlon 64, ASUS K8VSE, on board SATA, Promise Raid controller and IDE
1Gig DDR
1 200Gig IDE HD
2 200Gig SATA HDs
Emulator X
Audigy 2 ZS
WinXP pro

The system is working off the IDE drive now. Windows keeps trying to load the raid drivers but fails. The system doesn't see the SATA drives since I've loaded WinXP. I've gone into my BIOS and the SATA and Raid are enabled. Everything appears to be plugged in.
Prior to completing the build, I tested one of the SATA drives with a version of Win98 (my WinXP hadn't arrived yet). It worked fine. I also didn't have the IDE drive installed yet.

I know I'm probably missing some small detail. I'd be grateful for any help anyone can give.

Pastor John

Progress

Well I've been fiddling with things. The controller recognizes that I have 400Gig to array (2 X 200Gig hds) but windows doesn't. How do I find the drives in Windows to initialize them?

More Progress!

BIOS sees my SATA drives as [FT TX Ary 1]. Now how do I format the drives back to NTFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom