New Processor and Motherboard Performance Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett573

In Runtime
i just upgraded my system yesterday from a worthless motherboard and an athlon xp 1500+ processor to an Asus K8N-E Deluxe motherboard with an Athlon 64-bit 3000+. I get only slightly better performance. i paid over $300 for all this equipment and my game performance still lacks. I used to get 12 fps in my game and now i get 15 fps, which still rots horribly. I did a repair install of windows but the performance isn't any better. I'm not sure what to do. I defragmented my hard drive and did a virus scan and adware removal but my computer still performs like it did with my old junky equipment. should i do a full install of windows all over again? i'm just very confused. any help here?

i got 512mb of PC 2700 RAM and a 128 mb GeForceFX 5200 video card. i didn't upgrade any of those parts. they're still the same parts that were in my old hardware.

look for Chipset updates/ BIOS updates very important .Also you should see a better performance boost . But still thats a weak video card .

I'm not surprised. You need to understand that computer games are not very processor/motherboard dependent. The game performance is determind by the graphics card. If you are gonna use a GeForce FX5200 and try to play games, then I say a 3FPS increase is very nice. To actually get a good increase in graphics you should atleast get a GeForce 6600GT.

a) gf gf 5200 is poor. New games request very good grafic card, better then good processor. If your computer work faster in operating system, office works etc then it's OK

b) " i got 512mb of PC 2700 RAM" If you have some money invest in better RAM (PC 3200)

Your video card is definetely the bottleneck source here, gather up a few hundred dollars and replace it and you should see a huge performance increase.

ok thanks everyone. i only had $350 and spent it all on the motherboard and processor :( Guess I'm gonna have to wait for a while to get a new video card. btw, what is a good video card for less than $150?

oh, and the two games i'm using it for are star wars galaxies and planetside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom