New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
I'm getting a new motherboard for a new machine and was wondering which is the best for gaming?

This mobo caught my eye and is rated the best motherboard on gamespot:

Asus-P4C800-E-Deluxe

What do you think? Is it worthy of its hype or are there better boards out there? Btw I'm using a pentium 4 3.0Ghz.

I've used that board several times at work. It's not bad.. But not good either. About what you'd expect out of an asus board running with an intel processor. Leave your system the same and buy an amd64 3200 system.

I appreciate that but will the AMD out perform my intel at gaming? And those links don't apply to me cause I'm British.

the 3200 (2.0) will compare to the p4-E 3.2-3.6.. I've overclocked my system to 2.65ghz, Intel doesnt have a processor to compare it to really. The difference is, amd systems tend to get 1gb/s more memory throughput, Run cooler, are Cheaper, and are more reliable. They also make fun overclocking projects.

Wow sounds sweet, but guess I run into problems cause I doubt such a package deal would exist over here and would be vastly expensive and shipping here would be a *****, wrong?

No, you are correct. We had to ship a 50lb package to GB. It was like 300$-400$ (normally 100$ in us) for 2 day or something crazy. By the time you pay for shipping it'll prolly cost as much as it would to buy it in a store over there. Check fedex's website

hewhohasissues said:
Wow sounds sweet, but guess I run into problems cause I doubt such a package deal would exist over here and would be vastly expensive and shipping here would be a ****, wrong?

i'm pretty sure there's UK computer sites you can order off of

i've seen in benchmarks where my $186 amd 64 3200+ performs as good as the $1000+ intel EE 3.46

Amounts to $389 if I brought them over here, but would they seriously out perform a Mobo/Intel match up? And wipe the floor in gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom