New mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrotman

Solid State Member
I have a Sony PCV-RZ22G. I don't really know if the case is ATX or not but does anyone know if I would be able to get an ATX motherboard into this system? Its a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum.

if the case is big enough, than you can a;ways drill the holes into it.

Most companies don't use the standard ATX motherboard size for their PC's so you can't put new parts in easily. I know Dells need to be modded for the motherboard.

Why not just get a cheap case with the motherboard?

True, get a cheap case, that is atx factor. Ihave a feeling your MoBo is mATX because many companies tend to use older Intel chipset MoBo's.

That's a nice motherboard you want to get BTW.

Yeah. I did alot of research on mobos and finally picked that one. The probably is i've already ordered the parts i'm getting (MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, AMD Athlon 3200+ Venice, 1gb Dual Channel ram) and I didn't think about the case crap. I was on a real strict budget (I'm 15) so getting a new case could be a problem for the time being.

The dimensions for the motherboard are, 30.5cm(L) x 24.5cm(W) see if there is enough room in the case for it, and if you do, then it is fine to use it, but you may have to have the drill handy.

I don't really want to add more to your problem, but you may of overlooked the PSU, and it may not be compatible with the motherboard. (Dell switches the pins around so you have to use Dell PSu's,) again I don't know if Sony does the same.

I know its not ideal, but as you are 15, you could ask your Dad for some money for a case and PSU. $30 will get you something that will last you until you get more money for the a decent case and PSU.

Thats one of the problems. He just payed out 400$ for all of this so I don't wanna push it

It should fit with a sony

It probolly came with an mATX motherboard with a mATX / ATX compatable case.

the current mobo is a Asus P4S533-VL. I can't really give alot of details about it since Asus does not list it on their website.

--------[ Motherboard ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 12/05/2002-SiS645-P4S533VL
Motherboard Name Asus P4S533-VL

Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 156 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 622 MHz
Bandwidth 4978 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties:
Bus Type SiS MuTIOL
Bus Width 16-bit

Motherboard Manufacturer:
Company Name ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Product Information http://www.asus.com/products1.aspx?l1=3
BIOS Download http://www.asus.com/support/download/download.aspx

Thats all the info everest gives so I'm not exactly sure what size or anything it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom