New Gaming Monitor?

rhu1949

Daemon Poster
I've heard that the BenQ monitors are good and I would like to buy a nicer one than what I currently have. I haven't had a chance to look around much but is $180 a good price for the RL2455HM?

What I am using is a left over from a friend. A westinghouse or something. It has something like a 1280x1050 resolution @ 60 Hz. Is this thing a stinker that is hurting me or is a nice monitor really that big of a deal for a recreational player?

Is what I get out of my rig limited by this monitor?

One other thing, for reasons too ridiculous to go into I use HDMI with the current monitor. DVI gives superior performance?

Last edited:
First question, yes.

Second question, not really. Lower native resolution actually gives better performance and the only difference between that and say 'actual' gaming monitors is the refresh. The BenQ you speak of is still 60Hz, so the same as your current just bigger in physical size and higher resolution. You'll only notice subtle differences from faster response and flicker free, as well as higher image clarity due to the 1080p resolution. Color accuracy might be better, but not really a huge deal in gaming. Your FPS will be slightly lower due to the higher resolution but shouldn't be an issue with the 760.

HDMI and DVI are the same thing until you start getting into bandwidth limitations from higher resolutions above 1080p and higher refresh. For that monitor, HDMI is fine.

Back
Top Bottom